Mark Your Calendar!
23rd Annual Love Our Children Luncheon
Friday, April 26, 2013
11:30 to 1:30 p.m.
Grand Hyatt Hotel, 1750 Welton Street, Denver, CO
Reserve or purchase your table or tickets now!
For more information call 303-337-2515
- Over 30,000 suicide deaths each year in the U.S.
- Colorado has the 6th highest suicide rate
- Colorado Springs has the 2nd highest rate of any major metropolitan area in the U.S.
- Second leading cause of death fro adolescents in Colorado
- More People in Colorado die from suicide than car accidents, influenza and homicides COMBINED
We always feel blessed when volunteers step up and go the extra mile. This morning one of our very special volunteers who always went the extra mile, Dy Austin, passed away. Dy Austin helped start the SHAKA I.C.E ice skating development program, Miss Dy, as she was affectionately called by the kids in the SHAKA I.C.E. program, was a lover of all kids. She pushed them to excellence and all who crossed her path have become better citizens in many ways from the lessons she taught. Some complained about her methods, as her passion was so intense, but you always knew she cared. Dy Austin was a trooper who pushed passed adversity and challenges in her own life and in the lives of those she touched. She developed some incredible and awesome figure skaters some of whom have gone on to great heights. She was funny, smart, could make you a dress or skating outfit in an hour, plant your garden, heal you with her herbal tinctures, creams or supplements – she had a remedy for everything that ailed you. THE SHAKA FRANKLIN FOUNDATION WILL MISS DY AUSTIN!